-sighs- Finally, it is over. I did my lesson today on how to make a great presentation and it went really well. At first we had trouble getting the computer connected up to the smart board, but finally I got it. I was so worried that it wouldn’t work. Anyway, I did the presentations and I wanted to share my top 3 good things that I thought came through in my presentations
- I didn’t stutter too much. I managed to stay cool and look like I knew what I was doing. (Which I did) I was just very very nervous.
- I engaged the kids to the point where they weren’t sitting there bored out of their minds.
- I got great responses from them, they seemed to be laughing along at all my “jokes” and they seemed glad (well, as glad as possible) to be in the classroom.
Okay, so, what is a reflection about what I could have improved on right? I think that overall the lesson went very well, however there were many things that I think I could have improved upon.
- Used an activity to lengthen the activity as well as engage the students even more than I already did.
- I think I could have also used a more examples to illustrate my point. A lot of the slides I went through I went through really quickly and I think I could have used examples to improve their understanding of the tip.
- Use the “Tell them what you are going to tell them, tell them, and tell them what you told them method” I did not do the first part of that little blurb, which I think would have been beneficial as then they would know what was going on.
Well, I am so glad that I finally got the lesson done. :) Ms. Sanford and I have already talked about me potentially doing another lesson in the new year to talk about some of the programs that they can use for their summative. I can’t wait for the Christmas holidays.
Sincerely yours, A.